Water Tank Cleaning & Disinfection
Water storage tanks must be kept clean – neglected tanks and reservoirs are high risk areas for the spread of potentially fatal legionella and other types of bacteria which can proliferate in stagnant or contaminated conditions.
PHS Compliance uses various methods of water tank cleaning and disinfection techniques for hot and cold water systems:
- Use of silver based hydrogen peroxide for efficient and effective disinfection without the need to dispose of treated water.
- Use of alternative chemicals such as chlorine boicide in specialist circumstances is also available.
Disinfection, cleaning and manual desludging of cooling towers should be undertaken at least twice a year, but more frequent cleaning may be necessary depending on local environmental conditions such as dirty atmospheres and the conclusions reached in the risk assessment.
We offer the following services:
- Cooling tower cleaning and disinfection
- Cooling tower replacement, refurbishment and repairs
- Cooling tower water treatment
Pre-commission chemical cleaning
Mains injections, disinfection of new and improved pipework for precommission. Chemical flushing of heating, chilled and recircukating closed systems to BSRIA guidelines.
An acid based chemical clean, particularly for de-scaling calorifiers.
Supply of test kits, dosing and control systems
PHS Compliance will support clients to carry out their own regular checks to maximise cost efficiency.
Temperature and microbiological tests of water systems to ensure compliance with the ACoP L8, recorded in site log book for inspection by the HSE or EHO.